Monday, February 2, 2015

RECENT PURCHASES: Prepping for Spring, and My New Zine Obsession

Retail therapy was a much needed therapy this past week. FORTUNATELY, nothing I bought was over $20 (:

This past Sunday I made a day of doing some shopping to cure the raincloud that's made it way over my head this past week! I made a trip to my local Urban Outfitters, and Rumors Boutique! Initially, I was going to Urban Outfitters to get a polaroid camera, but a friend clued me in to look on Amazon before I spend $100 on one when I can get it way cheaper online! So, more about that later when it actually happens!

At Urban, I found this gem tucked behind a face out of another dress, and blended with some other different dress, that was similar in style, but like three times the price. It just happened to be the ONLY one left, and it was on sale for $19.99 and it was my size. So I took it as fate that I needed it in my life. Also, I know I really should be shopping for the Spring, but I feel like I could get away with wearing this all year round...

Here I styled it with a faux leather textured bodycon skirt that I got from H&M for $34.95 (well I got it a bit cheaper since I work there) , some lace stay up thigh high tights, and my UNIF Choke Boots.







I have this new found obsession in my head of thrift store horizontal striped shirts, and light wash blue denim. I just close my eyes and see this outfit in my head, of a shirt similar to this, and light blue over-all shorts, white socks, a backwards cap, and these Vans Sk8 Hi's.  I just need to find the perfect pair of over-all shorts. 

But for now, my UNIF Twerk Jeans will do just fine! I haven't gotten a chance to wear these jeans really, because it's been cold, and I haven't found a way I like to wear them layered. But I'll include them in my post as well! My shirt is from Rumors Boutique, and it was $6! The UNIF Twerk Jeans are from a trip I made to Urban Outfitters when they had 50% off of already marked down prices. So they usually retail for around $118 (the listed price on UNIF's official website), they were on sale for around $50, and I only paid about $25! I practically ran out of the store with them because I felt like I was stealing.... 

My bag is from H&M for about $11 , and my UNIF Moodys are from Rumors for $6!







I'm pretty bummed I didn't get better pictures of this adorable sweater! It was just too cold out, I can't even lie.... BUT. It's a J CREW knitted sweater, and at Rumors, the owner Casey is all about some DIY, so when she gets in sweaters, sometimes she'll chop off the bottom and she leaves you with these adorable, cropped sweaters! I got it for just $7! 

Shorts are from New York & Company, and boots are from Journeys! 
I'm not sure about the prices.



Also, recently I've been introduced to something called ZINES! They're They're self published, and most of the time non-profit books that artists, writers, photographers, and just creative people in general, make and fill with their craft! They can be itty bitty, or they can look like full sized magazines! I ordered one from one of my favorite models named Natasha Lillipore (Instagram @lillipore / @hertinyteeth), who is also a very talented artist!

I plan on having a beautiful collection of tons of zines! In fact, it's inspired me so much that I've started working on one of my own! It's still a work in progress!




// Melanie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment