Saturday, November 29, 2014

♡My Favorite Store in the World: RUMORS♡



So I found Rumors on Instagram sometime at the beginning of this Summer, while I was going through my explore page! Initially I just thought it was another vintage store, like a few we have here in Raleigh. But as I looked through the Instagram page, I started finding familiar brands, designers, and familiar clothes that I've been shopping for, for so long, but at amazing prices! I then realized that it was right around the corner from a local concert venue that my boyfriend plays at pretty often called Local 506! I could not believe this little spot had been right under my nose, and I had no idea!  It's quite a drive from where I live (about 45 minutes), but I still manage to make it out there pretty often! Also, it's not common that I find brands like UNIF, YRU, Jeffrey Campbell, KillStar, 
O-Mighty, BOY LONDON, and so many others, in store here in North Carolina! But because the lovely owners of this lovely store Miss Casey Longyear and Miss Marshe travel around the country going to thrift stores, and they ship HUNDREDS of pounds of clothes and accessories back to the North Carolina and Richmond Virginia stores to be sold!



So, the first thing you're greeted by when you're approaching this wonderland of previously loved clothes, and things, are these 4 lovely mannequins, who are changed daily depending on the weather, or new thing they've gotten in! If you know me at all, you know I'm all about some mannequins, so it's lovely to be greeted by these stylish four!


When you walk in, you're instantly bound to see something that you probably NEED (or is that just me....?)  So yes, you walk in, and right in the front is one of the wonderful employees, who are always well dressed, and welcoming! Here you can see Miss Anna, working with some clothes a customer brought in to sell! 
WAIT. YOU DIDN'T KNOW? 
Yes! Not only can you buy clothes at amazing prices, but if you have stylish clothes that you're just not into anymore, that you would like to be passed onto someone else, they will buy your clothes from you for CASH or Store Credit! And yes, I'm sure you're probably thinking, "yeah yeah but there are Plato's Closets/clothing exchange stores everywhere", right? Well yes, BUT. Every time I've gone to Rumors to sell clothes to them, they've taken almost EVERY piece I've brought in, where in all my experience with clothing exchange stores like Plato's Closet or Uptown Cheapskate, they'll only take like 3 pieces, out of my entire bag of clothes. They also give you so much more for your clothes than those other stores (in my opinion/experience)!


Also, this wall is probably my favorite part of the store at the moment! Here they've got their Jeffrey Campbell, UNIF, YRU, and Doc Marten shoes in these wooden boxes on display behind the counter! 






BUT WAIT BOYS. YES.


No worries, there's a men's section as well. I end up finding most of the T-Shirts I buy from here, in the men's section! 


Here's a snap of a good friend of mine, Chelsea and myself with Casey for Rumors' first birthday event they had! She's a really lovely lady, with such a passion for her store! Hopefully soon I'll be able to have an interview with Casey, just to pick her brain for a bit. She's always traveling around the country, and even further than that to pick things for this wonderful store, so we can all enjoy (:



Here's some photos of things I've gotten from Rumors in my time I've been shopping with them!


MESH JERSEY


KING TUT CROP // GOLD ARM CUFF



UNIF MOODY'S // YIN YANG NECKLACE



O-Mighty Pizza Shorts



and a million other things basically... I go pretty often, so I'll post when I get new things (:

What I love so much about Rumors is that it's so honest, and just by talking to Casey, you can really tell that she loves what she does, and that she loves her stores so much! I've only met Marshe ones unfortunately, but I'm sure I'll meet her again soon! 

Their are two locations, but you can also shop online!


Carrborro North Carolina store Instagram: @RumorsNC
Richmond Virginia store Instagram: @RumorsBoutique


Chapel Hill, North Carolina Location: 106 N Graham St, Chapel Hill, NC 27516

Richmond, Virginia Location: 723 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23220



ALSO
SHOP THE RUMORS CARRBORO STORE, MENTION THIS BLOG POST, AND GET 10% OFF OF YOUR ENTIRE NEXT PURCHASE! 



DISCLAIMER:
These are my personal opinions, and Rumors did not ask me to do this, I did it completely for the blog, and because I love this shop so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment